How to Build Your Children’s Confidence
Last week we wrote about how to prepare your children for sport at Shaws Little League.
So, after preparing your child for sport, how does Shaws Little League go about building your child’s confidence?
Firstly, confidence is knowing that you have the ability to achieve something. It is more than just telling yourself that you can do something.
When working with your children throughout all of our sports activities, our coaches work to help the children make progress regardless of their current ability.
How do our children’s sports coaches do this?
– setting manageable and achievable challenges for all children
– ensure that equipment is appropriately sized and conducive for skill development
– being accurate when throwing/kicking
– being encouraging, positive and forward thinking when communicating with your children
– focusing on your child’s effort and the “trying” as opposed to the outcome – the outcome is the responsibility of our coaches and not your child!
Each time we see improvements in your child, not only do they become more confident in their ability to play those particular sports, but they also show us that they have the ability to learn and improve.
When your child knows/shows us that they have the ability to learn and improve all the time – they have every right to be confident in whatever they choose to do! This confidence will serve them in all areas of life.
See you all soon at Shaws Little League for some fun!