The Shaws Little League Soccer programme is developmentally appropriate and it follows the same principles of our multi-sport programme with a high emphasis on participation, skill development, constructive play and lots of fun.
At Shaws Little League, a fun soccer programme is one where:
- Children are always kept engaged through various skill based activities
- Children have lots of opportunity to develop their fitness, ball skills, passing skills, goal shooting and goal-keeping, tackling and defending and soccer game sense
- The manner of play, conduct and sportsmanship is more important than scores and results
- Children are encouraged to be happy, balanced, creative and strive to improve their skills
- Parent participation is encouraged
- Parents are proud of their children for trying hard
The mode of delivery is more play based as opposed to being instruction based as we feel that children learn and develop better by getting stuck in and having a go, instead of listening (and as parents, we are sure that you realise that your children are not that interested in listening!).
We also understand that positive encouragement is better than providing strict instructions.
Our soccer classes run for 50 minutes and the children are grouped according to age – under 5’s, under 7’s, under 9’s, and under 10’s.
Children do not need to wear boots or have shinpads – it’s all up to the children. We actually suggest that children wear the indoor football shoes or those with rubber spikes as these seem to be a lot more comfortable than regular football boots.
Please contact us if you have further questions.